new background

Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm excited!!

We have decided for our next weekend we are taking a trip again. And the destination............ Belgium and Luxembourg. I basically plan to eat my way through Belgium because they are known for a random assortment of really great things including waffles (those of you who may have been on junior's abroad with me know just how much I love these), chocolate, mussles, and french fries dipped in mayonnaise (I will eat the fries, but I will not dip them in mayonnaise- gross).

I have Luxembourgian blood in me on my Mom's side. I asked my Grandpa and it was his Great-Grandfather who came from Luxembourg and had the last name Puetz (pronounced Pitts). I don't know anymore and I doubt I'd be lucky enough to find another statue and grave of a relative who is sort of famous like Cardinal Bettinger in Munich, but I still like traveling to where I have family roots.

If anyone reading this has been to either of these places I would love to hear your impression of them. Where should we go? What should be do?

This is the first trip we have planned well in advance, so I'm excited to see how it goes. So far I've loved our other adventures. The first to Munich, Sulzberg, and Salzburg was completely plan as we went. The second to Venice was planned the night before. And this time Zack (Ryan's roommate) and our friend Renee are coming too, so we are very excited for that.

Well I have to go to work now. Auf Wedersehen! (Good bye in Deutsch)

No comments:

Post a Comment